wanted turkens -Noble-Ok

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Bantamguy, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Bantamguy

Bantamguy New Egg

Nov 29, 2007
    oklahoma
    Hi everybody. I was woundering if anybody in oklahoma had any turkens.I'm looking for about five a rooster and four hens chicks or pullets my Daughter loves these birds.

2. Cathlina

Cathlina Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Texas Transplant
    Hi,
    I have an extra rooster but I am too far from you but all you need is 1 rooster and you'll soon have a flock of your own [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  3. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    If you dont find any close, Ideal Poultry has them and you can order them in February, Jenn

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Get hold of Chickmommar (search in user list)
    [email protected]

She lives in Noble. I dont' know if she has turkens, but she is really nice!

5. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Marlys works for the duck rescue, I'm not sure what she's got for chickens. Bantamguy, I live near Chickasha and know a woman that has Turkens. I'm not sure if she's got any for sale right now, but if you are really interested and willing to make the drive, I will contact her.

How old is your daughter, to love the ugly birds? *haha* I'm just kidding. [​IMG]

6. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Quote:You might try going to Mary's Swap Meet in Midwest City on Saturday. They usually have lots of chickens there. Sometimes they have Turkens. You just have to go and see what is available. Some of the regular chicken sellers there may be able to find you some.
    Welcome to the group. I will add you to our "Okies in the BYC" list.

7. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Buckguy - Swap meet with chickens? What When Where???

8. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Quote:Saturdays and Sundays pretty much year round. It is in the Northeast part of Midwest City. On N.E. 23rd and Midwest Blvd.
    I don't go on Sundays so I don't know how it varies from Saturday.
    There are usually four or five guys that are there regularly. Then other people bring chickens and stuff to sell. You can always count on the regulars to have birds but it is hit and miss with anything else.
    Most of the regular chicken sellers are there before daylight, but others filter in. It is best to get there as early as possible.
    The rest of the flea market always has more stuff at the first of the month but I think the chicken part is more consistent. As a buyer you might get a better deal toward the end of the month but that is not a guarantee.
    Maybe we could have our monthly meeting of "OKIES IN THE BYC" there.
    Monty

9. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Buckguy - That would be great! Are there any pure bred, or worth buying? That's less than an hour drive for me. I don't think I will go til after the holidays, though. "The traffic is terrific."

Bantamguy never wrote back. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by