WANTED.. Turkey hatching eggs.. what cha got :)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fdnick, Feb 8, 2008.

1. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Would like to try my hand at hatching out some turkey eggs.. like bourbons, palms, rio's,, whatcha got and price shipped [​IMG] ........
    And Thanks..
    Denna

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I have a RP tom, in with a RP hen, Burbon hen, and a blue slate hen. So far I have found 2 eggs, in the run. Guess they are like chickens, and still learning the ropes. Not sure whic hen layed them...and I have NO idea what to charge...but when they all get going here....I would like to sell some of the eggs...just because I dont want 100 little turkeys running around here! LOL So, most of them would be mutts....but possible a few RP pures. I think shipping would be the biggest part. These eggs are HUGE! [​IMG]
    Make me an offer....my zip is 47223...if ya know how to check the shipping thing...I have never figured that one out. [​IMG]

3. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    HI Denna!
    I know you already know we raise Royal palms, but we also raise Black winged Bronze turkeys too! They won't be laying again till around April. This photo is some of our birds.
    Christie
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  4. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HI Deb, the hubby is looking for purebreds but thanks for the offer.. [​IMG]

Christie, they are gorgeous.. please put us on your list for a around 8 to 10 eggs of both when they start laying [​IMG] Frank is really liking the Bronze [​IMG]
    THANKS..
    Denna

5. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Denna,
    I like them both, but the BWB are my favorite as well. They mature a little bigger than the palms and they also carry the sweetgrass gene. So on average you will hatch 75% BWB and 25% sweetgrass. This is a photo of a sweetgrass tom and a BWB tom. I sold my mature sweetgrass turkeys but here is a photo so you have an idea of what you could get out of the BWB. If you breed sweetgrass to sweetgrass you will get 100% sweetgrass also.
    Christie
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  6. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    I had not heard of a Sweetgrass.. I like them too!! [​IMG]

7. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    We have 3 different types of turkeys laying right now.
    Midget White, White Holland and Beltsville White. Later
    we will have Royal Palms and Burbon Reds. All of these
    are pure and kept in separate pens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by