1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted up to 25dz fertile hatching eggs of any pure breed laying chick

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by gordensark, Dec 18, 2009.

1. sky68ou1

sky68ou1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    what state do you live in? also what kind of breeds are you looking for. i have a ton of silkie eggs hatching out. from my own of course. will have some others later on.

edited to add for those who i have bought from. im not counting the eggs i bought for myself only what my hens have laid lately. lol thought i better clarify that.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I doubt you have many takers at only $3 per dozen for purebred eggs. [​IMG] $3 would hardly pay for the materials needed to wrap them for shipping.

3. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    wow 75 dozen is a lot of chicks if they all hatch out
    i think spring would be the best time when laying picks up since its winter laying has slowed im pretty sure for a lot of people. good luck on your hunt

4. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:That's what I am thinking. Might want to offer a little more per dozen. It would also depend on what breed, some are higher than others.

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Yup, most that sell pure hatching eggs from their breeder birds online here start at 25.00 a doz. and upwards depending on breed and that does not include shipping charges!! Good Luck!!!

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    If you do find someone to sel them to you at that price you should let all of us know so we can get in on that steal [​IMG]

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, I'm not sure where you are but I'm doing an 8 dozen to be picked up special for a gentleman on Monday.....But my price is $8 a dozen and that is way below my normal price. This is a winter special since our local Farmers Market and CSA is closed for the season where we sell the majority of our eggs. If you are willing to come to West GA for a pickup I'll do the same for you. Please pm me if you are interested. This would need to be an 8 dozen or more order to keep at this low price and it will be a limited time offer as Farmer's Market will sart again in Feb. and we will also be hatching eggs on the farm for our use and local sales... In order to reserve eggs, we need to get a prepayment in paypal and/or a USPS money order.

The packing materials, the way I ship cost far more than 3 dollars per dozen, so I certainly can go no lower in price.

Have a blessed Christmas.

8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I suppose there's never any harm in asking, but that IS a tall order. What are you going to do with all of them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by