WANTED various breeds in PA

If you are going to the Sussex County, NJ show this Sunday, I am selling a birchen modern cockeral and possibly a brown red modern cockeral (both have been dubbed).

Hello...I am also in PA (south of Pittsburgh) and I do have a pair of Sebastopol geese that are laying intermittently (they are only yearlings). I have two eggs in the bator (developing...yippee!) With one due to hatch this weekend. I would be willing to sell goslings if you can pick-up (if they hatch) or I could ship eggs (if/when they lay some more). I know this isn't too big of a help, but just thought I would offer! Thanks!

Leah

You can see a pic at www.popsonfarm.com

I am just across the Delaware River from Easton Pa (in NJ) and have 19 duck eggs developing in my incubator. THey have a little less than 2 weeks to go.They are either pure Blue Swedish, pure Cayuga or a mix of the two. I do have some adult Blue Swedish ducks too- and possible would part with 1 of my drakes. He's 1 year old and is black with a white bib. How much are you looking to spend on ducks? I haven't set my prices on ducklings yet, and haven't sold any adults yet either. You can PM me...and we can try to work out how far away you live and what you might be interested in.
Lisa

i'm in pa also, i can't do showgirl birds since i just cleared pens not long ago for that breed but i can do hatching eggs if u have a broody or bator room. here is a link to my post of eggs i have available if ur interested. i might be able to do peeps though if ur close enough, i'm in jefferson county near DuBois.
thanks,
silkie

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=507489#p507489

I don't do hatching eggs as I do not have an incubator and am not willing to spend the money on one.

As for the Blue Swedish drake, my friend just got a bunch of female ducklings to breed to his show drake, but something ate him
sad.png
while he was out on a pond during pen renovations. I'm helping him find a replacement; he isn't interested in spending that much as he is currently full-time in college and between jobs...probably $20 or less for a large drake.

Does anyone have more information on the NJ show this Sunday?

Thanks!!!

The show is at Sussex County Fairgrounds in Augusta, NJ. It is right off of Rt. 206. It is held by the Sussex County Poultry Fanciers and from what I hear, there are over 750 entries. There are chicken, waterfowl, pigeons, doves, etc..... They also have a chinese auction and many, many sale cages. They usually also do an auction for chickens/supplies however, I havent heard about that yet this year, but would be surprised if they didnt do it. It is a great show every year. It opens around 9am I believe and judging starts at 10am.

I haven't seen anything about it yet either. I'm not too far from there, as we live in Northwest NJ. I also just read about the Livestock auction every Tuesday in Hackettstown NJ. The poultry auctions begin at 1:30. I called the guy to see about being a consigner there...I'd have to join the co-op and also get my birds tested for avian influenza. Which I should do anyways. I might do all this and go with some of my babies once they hatch.
Hope you find what you are looking for. I wouldn't want to sell my adult sweeties for less than $20. Heck, even their food costs almost that for a bag now. Not quite that, but I do hear its going to keep going up in price. Ugh.
If anyone is going to the Sussex show or the Hackettstown auction,from NW or Central west NJ, please PM me.
Lisa

I dont care much for the hackettstown auction scene. It is very sad. Lots of animals in poor condition being bought for dinners. The people who buy them handle them like a bag of garbage shoving them into tiny little boxes. Every once in a blue moon, you will get a family that really wants a pet but that is very rare. I brought some roos there once and cried the rest of the day. I even had to walk out early, couldnt take it. Very sad place. Sorry to say.

I cant find my book on the show but here is the info on the website

April 27
Open Poultry Show
Sussex County Poultry Fanciers
Hours: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Free admission
Small and large birds. Sale area. Poultry vendors.
Contact: Arlene Sliker - 973-948-6451 or email: [email protected]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom