Wanted Welsh Harlequins

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lakota_elder, Jun 26, 2010.

1. lakota_elder

lakota_elder Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    North Central, FL
    I'm looking for some more Welsh Harlequins... I need to broaden my bloodlines. I live near Gainesville, FL but will travel a way to get some good stock... any sellers????

2. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
  3. lakota_elder

Apr 13, 2009
    North Central, FL
    I'm leary of shipping babies across country in the middle of the summer.... It's been in the 100s already for days in a row. I doubt they would make it..???

4. DaveP

DaveP Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I am just outside Orlando and just had babies shipped from Holderreads in Oregon and they arrived this past Thursday. They got here just fine and happy, took 2 days to get here.

5. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:I can understand that. You might consider contacting them to see how successful they are for this time of the year. I live in MA, they shipped my ducklings on Monday and I got them at 6:30 am Wednesday (granted it was back in April). I don't know where you live but the ship time might only be a day if you're not on the East coast.

They also included some gro gel.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Not sure how picky you are about appearance. Metzer WH ducks are very healthy, but they do not always match type.
    I bet you could get hatching eggs from someone here.

I am out for the season though. I traded my drake away since he fathered so many babies around here. My new stud is too young to fertilize anything at this point.

7. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    I couldn't find WH's anywhere in my area so I had to order some hatching eggs. I figured it was worth a try?

8. lakota_elder

Apr 13, 2009
    North Central, FL
    Quote:I didn't know Holderreads was still shipping.... guess I'll contact them.. I need a mature drake and could buy 10 younguns....

9. DaveP

DaveP Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I think mine were from their last week of hatching because they added several more weeks to their usual schedule so I was very happy to get them as I ordered them only 2 weeks beforehand.

10. bird

bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Oregon
    I have one extra golden phase drake from Holderread, but I am in Oregon too...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by