Wanted: welsummer chicks or hatching eggs, west of Rockies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by blaines.insane, Mar 3, 2009.

1. blaines.insane

blaines.insane Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2008
    SW Utah
    My incubator is sitting idle, and I either need to crank it up again or get some live chicks.

Here is what I am looking for:

I want to end up with 10 - 12 healthy, happy, good-mannered Welsummer hens, and a roo or two. Not so much interested in breeding as in eating (eggs), so I'm not looking for sq or anything like that. I am more interested in mild manners, as I have young kids whose responsibility it is to gather eggs daily. I prefer speckled eggs over solids.

I don't care whether I get hatching eggs or chicks. If eggs, I need 2 doz+. If chicks, I don't want straight-run. I want just 10 - 12 female, & 2+ males

Please PM me if you can help me out. I am ready now.

OH, and I would much prefer to buy from somebody west of the Rockies, to keep the shipping time/distance as short as possible.

Thanks,
    Blaine

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. LilEmilysChknPen

LilEmilysChknPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Hi! I know you asked for 2 dozen. But I have a 1/2 Dozen welsummers that I need to get rid of. If your interested or want to see pictures, You can visit my Myspace.

www.myspace.com/blackcoppermarans

Thanks!
    Felisha [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    You might check with Mothergoose on here - she's in Illinois, but she's got very nice stock and they lay among the darkest I've seen for Wellies. Good luck!

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

check with okiehen too. I think that's the right name.

5. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    He is looking to find eggs out west. Just wish mine were laying better. since I live in the same state.

6. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:yeah, I saw that, and almost edited. But it's good to have the other options in case he can't find anything out west.

7. blaines.insane

Dec 26, 2008
    SW Utah
    I saw that okiehen has some listed, but only 1/2 dozen. I only have one incubator, so I can't stagger hatches. I don't want to put in just 6 eggs, get 2 maybe 3 chicks, then have to wait another 21 days to get more. Would much prefer to buy all at once.

8. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I could do 18 eggs. If your interested I could get them out in the mail Monday.

9. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

L&SChickens (on the forum) in WA state has them.

10. blaines.insane

Dec 26, 2008
    SW Utah
    Found some!

Wow, thanks for great response.

Okie, if for some reason I don't get the quality/quantity I'm after with this first batch, I'll look you up in about a month.

Thanks again,
    Blaine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by