1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted: Welsummers and Cuckoo Marons in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by momto4, Mar 3, 2009.

1. momto4

momto4 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2009
    Does anyone know where in Oklahoma I could get some Welsummers and Cuckoo maron chicks? I would prefer sexed chicks, because I ended up having to sell half of my flock because they were roosters. My poor hens were worn out by the time I sold them!! Are there any good hatcheries nearby or in nearby states? Thanks!

2. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
  3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I know how you feel. I got a straight order of Marans. I sexed them using the "rules of sexing barred chicks". I think I have 5 of each. I will be relocating the boys whenever I am convinced of their sex. Good luck finding some.

4. momto4

momto4 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2009
    Thanks everyone! I posted on that other forum. It is good to see other Okies out there!! I have had the worse luck with getting roosters vs hens. I had 8 hens and 7 roosters!! I got rid of all of the roosters except the sillkie because he is soo funny and he thinks he is the man!!! I also bought some "Cuckoo Maran" chicks from a guy and they ended up being a mix of Cuckoo Maran and something else. I thought that it all seemed a little fishy!! Oh well, I only payed a dollar a piece for them and they still lay huge eggs that have SPECKS of dark brown on them. This is my first year to raise chickens and I am learning a lot!!

5. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    i'm in N.E. Texas and have 8 welsummer chicks about a week old and will have more in a few days and if the color sexing for welsummer these are all girls /pullets if intrested PM me

6. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I got some eggs from okcarla and they were the nicest cuckoo eggs I have ever seen and they are feathered leg also. Cuckoo are known for NOT laying very dark eggs, but the eggs I got from okcarla were really nice dark eggs, the best Ive seen for cuckoo. She is in Tuttle OK zip 73089. Check with her and see if you can get some from her. I highly recommend her eggs...............ed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by