Wanted: Wheaten Ameraucana Rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chicken stalker, Oct 21, 2009.

1. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    I am looking for a nice Wheaten Ameraucana for a breeding project. My roo was hatched from a nice blue egg and was just recently killed by a predator. I want to retain the bluest of egg color. Purebreds only NO HATCHEY ameraucanas. Thanks.

2. chicken stalker

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Anyone?

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    What's your zip.......

What size/age are you looking for?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  4. chicken stalker

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    My zip is 13901
    Right now my pullets are 20 weeks so around the same age would be nice but I'm willing to take any as along as it meets the standards.

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    It appears you are next day by 3 pm service.

Box is $5.00, postage would be around $50.00 and the roo, depending on the quality $15-$25.

6. chicken stalker

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Thanks so much. I'm going to see if anyone local has any spares, if not I think I'm going to take you up on your offer. I know your birds are quality. I'll let you know.

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    If Jean can help you, go with her. She's got a lot more experience at this than I do.

I don't have any that are 20 weeks old but I have true WBS Ameraucanas. My Wheaten cockerels are much younger than 20 weeks though. More like 8 if I remember right.

Oh, and I just remember, Jean is NPIP certified still. I'm not and probably won't be with the new law they just passed. Oh well, keep me in mind for the future. Maybe I could get you some eggs if you need them in the future.

Hope it all works out for you.

God Bless,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by