Wanted - Wheaton Marans

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rsarns, Jun 28, 2011.

1. rsarns

rsarns Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Looking to buy some quality Wheaton Marans, prefer chicks or very young. Want 1 rooster and 4-5 hens to start.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    If you have an incubator, I can help you with eggs, if you decide to go that route, Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy

3. rsarns

rsarns Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Quote:Thanks, I actually have 2 incubators, however after my less than successful venture with my first batch of shipped BCM's (just hatched) 3 of 20+ eggs hatched, I am not sure I want to try shipped eggs again. I currently have more BCM and Blue Marans eggs in my 2nd incubator. If I have better luck then I might re-think it. Once again I appreciate it and may get back with you soon,

ren

4. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    I have a flock of started CREE FARMS wheatens that I was going to breed, but now realize I don't have the room. The eggs they hatched from were 7s and 8s.

they are 7 weeks, I think I have 4 cockerels and 5 pullets. If you are breeding you should take more roosters so that you can see how they develop out. The rooster is the centerpoint for the flock, in my opinion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by