Wanted White and Splash Silkie Eggs-NJ

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by donnap1967, May 14, 2008.

1. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I have been gathering wood to build a coop and I think I will be ready to start building in a couple weeks. I am planning to build a Miss Prissy incubator as well. My husband wouldnt build me anything so I am doing it on my own. Hmph! [​IMG]

My daughter really wants to hatch a few bantam silkies. [​IMG] I saw a post on ebay that someone is selling them in Michigan but I wanted to ask here first because I know you guys are great and would pack carefully and send the freshest eggs. [​IMG]

I am hoping to buy about 12 eggs and was looking for a combination of white and splash.
    I figured I would ask here to see if there is anyone that has these. Not positive on when I will be ready for them but if all goes well I am heading to walmart tomorrow to see if I can get some Miss Prissy bator supplies.

2. danrut101

danrut101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    I have White Silkie Eggs available. They are both bearded and non bearded running together. I would take $25 for a dozen. This includes shipping. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you some pictures.

Danny D

3. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Hello there...I have silkies. I have blacks and whites running together and I have gotten mostly whites this year, then splashes then some blues and blacks. My girls aren't laying really well right now b/c most are broody, but I could send you 6 for 12.00 or you could combine then with another breed I offer and do a dz for 25.00....do a "barnyard special" of sorts. You can see pics at www.popsonfarm.com Good luck with the coop building...I end up doing most of the chicken things around here, too...so I feel your pain!

Leah

4. donnap1967

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Leah thanks for replying to my post!

I bought the supplies for Miss Prissy's incubator and I am hoping to have a little free time tonight to start building it. If I can get it built and get stable temps I will definitely be sending you that $12.00 !!

Cross your fingers I dont electrocute myself ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Haha...I am not brave enough to do the electrical things....I'm really nervous around electricity...comes from many years of being warned a/b electric fences on the farm as a kid! Anyway, maybe by the time you are ready, my girls will be laying a little better and I can send you a dz (I read in your original that you were wanting a dz or so). Just let me know...

Leah

6. donnap1967

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I have the bator built and I am running it and "tweaking" the temps and humidity. Well I won an auction for some eggs on eBay. I placed a bid and went off to work never dreaming that I wouldnt be outbid and I would actually win. I came home to find I won the auction so I am waiting for eggs to come and I will test out my homemade incubator and see how it goes.

If all goes well with my first test hatch I will PM you to see if you have any silky eggs for me.

*Prays this thing works*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by