Wanted: White Silkie/Showgirl Hen/Pullet in N.E. Texas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by OtterCreekRanch, Jun 29, 2011.

1. OtterCreekRanch

OtterCreekRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    I am looking for a white showgirl or silkie girl. We have kept house chickens (free range with a diaper by day and a custom "coop" at night) in the past but could not recently due to a room mate's dog. The room mate and dog are gone so now I want another chicken to live with us. She would have plenty of supervised free time outside as well, but live in the lap of luxury and be very spoiled. I want a girl that is already fairly tame and used to contact. The fluffier the better. The kind of chicken I am looking for would probably be more towards show quality as I want her to have a very full crest and a nice beard. I love those silkies that look like a poof ball with a tiny little beak sticking out. Would also consider a show girl but would also want her to be very pretty and fluffy (except on her neck obviously).

We live just east of Dallas but could travel a bit for the right chicken. I might also consider shipping but it is pretty hot around here now and I hate to wait until fall.

Let me know what you have and what you are asking. I know what I want probably will not be the cheapest chicken, but I am going to be picky if Iam spending quite a bit. [​IMG]

Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by