1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted: Young Colorful EE Roo-N. Louisiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BeckyLa, Feb 19, 2007.

1. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I have six lovely lonely EE pullets who have just started laying and are in need of a roo. I live in N. Louisiana near the Arkansas border and would be willing to drive a considerable distance for a good-looking guy. Roo, that is. [​IMG]

2. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Becky,
    A friend is trying to find a good home for this handsome guy... However, she is just south of Austin, TX.

[​IMG]

3. BeckyLa

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Oh, Carla!!! He's gorgeous!! What breed is he?

4. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    He is an EE. Here is one of the other extra roos I got from her. Being an EE, Buster didn't get a beard like Martin did.

[​IMG]

5. BeckyLa

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    That's right, EE's are a cross and so might or might not have beard & muffs. I didn't think about that. Ok, now dh wants to know if he is aggressive. If not, then yes, we are interested, but there is a problem. It's a 7.5 hour drive from here to there. Would there be any way to work out a railroad kinda thing? Maybe someone headed north could bring him to I-20 and catch someone headed east. It's a 2 hour drive for us to Shreveport, but I may be able to meet someone there. I'm sure shipping would be way more than I could afford right now. If he's not aggressive, we'd love to have him. He'd have his own harem of 6 lovely young ladies and a snug 2-story coop to sleep in. I hope we can work it out.

6. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Oh my, your blue/red boy is absolutely gorgeous! [​IMG] I had one colored similar to him, but he ended up with a very bad respiratory infection from fowl pox and I had to put him down. [​IMG] I have a roo from him, but he's black/red. I'm hoping I can breed him to a few of my blue/red hens and get another like him.

Becky, I may have a spare roo for you, and I definitely live closer. I live about 1 1/2 hours south of Nacogdoches. He's what I would call a lemon-blue and not beareded. He's a carbon copy of his daddy roo. I'm not at home right now or I would post a pic. [​IMG]

7. BeckyLa

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Thanks Bliss, I definately would like to see a picture when you get a chance. You are definately closer. Is he aggressive at all? How old is he? Thanks!

8. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Becky, he's not aggressive in any way. He was one of the sweetest and most friendly of the bunch. His daddy is just the same way.

Here's some photos of the two:

Big Blue
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Little Blue
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Big Blue is actually a cross between an F1 blue Showgirl roo and an EE, and Little Blue is from Big Blue and and EE hen. Occasionally I still get a naked necks from Big Blue, but don't know if the gene was passed on to Little Blue. One of Little Blue's broodmates is a beareded naked neck! We call her Elvira since she has sideburns. [​IMG]

Big Blue is almost two (I think) and Little Blue was from last fall, so he's probably about 6 mos old. He's just starting to get really interested in girls. [​IMG]

9. BeckyLa

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    He sure is a pretty boy! But still so far away, though definately closer. It's still over 100 miles for me to get to Nacodoches. Do you ever get up north? Maybe we could arrange to meet somewhere? Is he the only young EE roo you need to rehome? Dh is disappointed that Blue doesn't have the beard and muffs.

10. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Sorry, I don't have much of a reason to go beyond Nacogdoches. I don't have any others with beards and muffs that I can give away right now. All I have bearded is my heir and a spare.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by