Wanted: Young Gambler Quail pair please D:?!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by GanjaXD, Dec 5, 2008.

1. GanjaXD

GanjaXD Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I'm willing to pay $7.00 for a nice young pair of Gambler Quail. Preferably ages anywhere from one day old, to about a month old.

Thank you for your patronage..
    Best Regards, Kirsten.

2. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    They're called Gamble Quail.

It's gonna be hard to find a pair of quail, especially that breed, for $7.
    If you want them to be shipped, it's a bad time of year to ship birds, too cold, and day old quail don't handle shipping too well, most hatcheries require 100 quail min. to ship day olds.

I'd check eggbid or ovabid.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Too bad you are so far away, you could walk out into my yard and catch as many as possible. NM is loaded with Gamble Quail but unless it's quail season you can't shoot them. They love chicken feed,,,,,,,,, I did hatch some last year in class though, we had newbie quail ladies just dropping eggs anywhere in the sand of the play area and the students would bring them in and we'd add them to the bator. Good luck to you.

4. AilsVonHelson

AilsVonHelson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    Orlando, FL.
    Quote:She knows that, it's a inside joke between us, no need to be rude.[​IMG]

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:She knows that, it's a inside joke between us, no need to be rude.[​IMG]

Oh dear... you're going to have to share the joke... [​IMG]

6. AilsVonHelson

AilsVonHelson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    Orlando, FL.
    Me and Ganja live in the same neighborhood and my grandfather has this darling painting of some old people gambling and playing dominoes, so we were thinking about how cute it'd be if those old men if they were quail, so when we saw the gamble quail we called them Gamblers.

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Cute! [​IMG] I can see it now...

But she's right... this time of year, if you don't have anyone close, it's going to be hard to find them, and breeding season is past. [​IMG] I'm hoping to find/hatch some in the spring. [​IMG]

8. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Like others have said I doubt you will have much luck finding a pair of Gambles quail....or eggs for that matter. Also 7 bucks would probably only get you one bird. I know I would never sell a pair of Gambles for that cheap.
    [​IMG]

9. GanjaXD

GanjaXD Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Quote:Well, excuse me for misspelling the word "Gamble".
    And no, that is not a bad price, considering that mc murray sells them for just a little over two dollars.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    The two dollars are for newly hatched quail not a full grown breeding pair of adults !
    And at Mcmurry you have to buy 100 !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by