Wanted..

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by littlesteppers, Apr 20, 2008.

1. littlesteppers

littlesteppers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    Hello..we are new here..we just lost our Pekin drake..looking for a companion for our hen..she is sitting on 15 eggs and she is very lonely:(
    Located in Clarksville tn

2. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I have 3 i'd sell $20.00 they are 2 weeks but the s/h is 55.00 - you may want to look local --

if you want mine let me know
    [email protected]

3. littlesteppers

Apr 20, 2008
    Aww..thanks for your reply..you got some cute peepers..too bad you live so far away:(

4. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I'm not sure it would be a good idea to introduce a new drake while she is brooding eggs.... just my thought. Might want to wait until she has raised her ducklings, otherwise it could add a lot of stress to her.

Julie

5. littlesteppers

Apr 20, 2008
    Thanks Julie..she is all byherself now and she is terrified..she gre up with two others One drake and One hen..so maybe just another female??[​IMG]

6. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Are her eggs fertile ??? If not go for it. If they are I think she will give up sitting on them or feel more stressed trying to protect them from a new intruder....

Just my thought process.

Julie

7. littlesteppers

Apr 20, 2008
    I do believe they very close to hatch..she is sitting about 3 weeks..One was cracked ..we found a fully formed wee bird..would have lived a few days later..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by