***********WANTED***************

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by poopcoop, May 5, 2008.

1. poopcoop

poopcoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Swansea, SC
    I live just outside of Columbia, SC and I am looking to buy some Baby Turkeys and also some Dairy Goats (Alpine or Nubian). If anyone knows of anyone in South Carolina or Maybe even Georgia (Augusta Area) that might have something for sale please contact me.

Thank You,

Ray (803)727-4251

2. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    We are located outside of Greenville, NC and have lots of baby turkeys, pick up only.
    Do not have any goats, sorry. You did not say what kind of turkeys you are looking for.
    S and S Poultry

3. KSANDERS1

KSANDERS1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2008
    south carolina
    Hi,

Each Saturday there's a small livestock auction in Jefferson, SC. I'm new to livestock of all types, but we bought a couple pigmy goats there, and they had plenty of goats at varying ages and prices. I've heard some bad things about animal auctions in general since we went there, but not about that place, and we are satisfied with our goats and also our 23 chicks bought there. -K

4. KSANDERS1

Apr 17, 2008
    south carolina
    Me, again. I've pm'd you. -K

5. tmk

tmk Chillin' With My Peeps

KSANDERS1

Hello [​IMG]
    Can you tell me where this auction is in Jefferson?
    I live near Charleston and I searched for any auctions or poultry shows in my area and turned up nothing so far.
    Oops, I better find out where Jefferson is first, huh? lol

6. KSANDERS1

Apr 17, 2008
    south carolina
    We live in Hartsville, SC, which is N.W. (Best check this on a map.) of Florence. You get on hwy 151, and stay on it untill you come to Jefferson. Once in town, ask for directions. They'll point you in the general direction. Jefferson's a small town, and there are signs posted. If you can, bring some extra $ because there are lots of excellent deals. And believe it or not, this hardcore yankee had a pretty good time. It was my first experience outbidding my competitors. Never mind, I probably overspent. The people are friendly, and don't put on airs. The farmers made it clear how they felt about my patronage, too, saying, "You ain't leaving already, are you?" Three hours, three bags of shavings, a mess of chickens and two baby pigmy goats had hubby determined it was time to get me out of there. I'm going back soon, though, for some ducks and dairy goats. Hope to see you there. I'll be the one without the accent. [​IMG] -K

7. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    The sale is on Saturdays. They start the sell at 3 usually, but livestock doesn't usually run until 6. They mostly sell chickens, but some goats do run through. The goats are generally cross breed. There is a more commercial sale in Darlington on Tuesdays. You can find dairy goats there, but I never get to go because I can't find a sitter in the middle of the day. I know a neighbor of mine bought five very nice dairy goats from there. Its out on hwy 151.

To find the Jeffereson barn, you take a right at the last light going into town...you know what..it'd be better just to stop at the station once you get to Jefferson on a Sat. and ask them, because I don't know any of the road names. I give typically SC directions...LOL The Jefferson barn stays crowded and you'll have to get there around 5 to get a seat.

There are also sales in Rock Hill on Friday nights and Monroe, NC has livestock auctions, but I don't remember when. You can find other auctions by looking in the market bulletin. Google South Carolina Market Bulletin and its available online. This is also a good place to find any livestock in SC.

8. GwenFarms

Feb 26, 2008
    There's you some good directions! I can't give, or follow directions..LOL I grew up in Hartsville! I live about 30 miles away now, but its still one of the two closest towns to me. We had lunch at Winn Buffet Sunday [​IMG]

Oh, I just noticed, you told her the same thing as me....to stop in town. [​IMG] I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who can't tell someone how to get somewhere.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  9. Cocky

Cocky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Georgetown, SC
    [​IMG] If you are the ONE without the accent, doesn't that make you the one WITH the accent?

10. GwenFarms

Feb 26, 2008
    Quote:I just had to comment on this too. This cracked me up..the thought of the regulars at the barn putting on airs!! [​IMG] Oh man...thats really funny! [​IMG] I'm just picturing some of this group wearing ties with their overalls... stuffing their goats in the trunks of their beamers..[​IMG]

The people there are friendly.

One of my dearest friends is there every Saturday. He puts on his overalls and goes to the barn Saturday morning and stays all day. He is a real country boy at heart. If you met him outside of the barn you'd barely recognize him some days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by