Wanting 5-6 pullets or young laying hens

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by skwilli, May 18, 2012.

1. skwilli

skwilli Hatching

May 18, 2012
    I would like to get 5-6 pullets or young laying hens. My only association with laying hens was many years ago when my parents raised White Rocks. I want them for the eggs, so I need a good laying breed and prefer a meaty breed. They don't have to be all the same breed either. I just don't care for the flighty/high strung birds like the leghorns used to be. I like the brown egg but again they don't have to be. If anyone has young laying hens, let me know and I will be sure and be there on June 23. Thanks

2. Judy

Judy Crowing

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Welcome to BYC!

You don't give a location or say what meet-up you are talking about; this is an international forum. Perhaps there is already a thread here about the meetup. If you want to place a "wanted to buy" ad, you need to participate in our forum a while, then place it in the correct forum, here.

3. skwilli

skwilli Hatching

May 18, 2012
    Michigan Chickenstock 2012 was the thread I thought I was posting to,but was unaware of the 20 forum postings needed for participation. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: