Wanting BackYard Chickens

MatthewG

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 25, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Just found BYC via Google and happy to be here. I'm in Danbury CT and hoping to have my own backyard chickens as I look for some new hobbies to get me out and active from my daily grind of sitting in front of a computer 8-10 hours a day. One of my other hobbies I'm starting this Spring is keeping bees and hope the package arrives soon. I also enjoy gardening and fishing.

It's been over 30 years since I've had chickens, but I grew up with them and even had a pet hen that used to sit on my shoulder as a kid. I miss the chickens and hope to be able to get back to raising a few.

Thanks,
Matt

welcome to BYC! you will find all the info and more, be sure to show off your chicks when you get them, TSC is selling some right now, till april. Hope that helps. have a good one and once again welcome!!!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

Lots of BYCers hatch and sell chicks

it must be really exciting to get back into chickens from such a long hiatus. i look forward to keeping bees some day, too - good luck and i hope your new outside adventures are as freeing from the computer as you hope them to be!

Back
Top Bottom