Wanting Cayuga duck hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kittycat1356, Jan 20, 2017.

1. kittycat1356

kittycat1356 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2016
    Fayetteville nc
    Hello! I've been seriously wanting some ducks to add to my backyard flock.and have been scoping ebay and this site for some hatching eggs for a few days.

I want a duck who doesn't fly, isn't too loud, though I'm not bothered by my roosters, I wouldn't want anything louder.
    Lays a decent amount of eggs.

I'm looking to upgrade my coop in the near future, and would love to add some ducks, I can also provide a kiddie pool if it's 100% necessary.

I'd love some info on other great breeds of ducks and so on~ if any other breed suits my description you can throw it out there. I've been considering pekins, because eggs are usually readily available, but I heard they get really loud as adults.
    Also, I've had great success hatching out chicken eggs, coturnix quail eggs, and button quail eggs. So I figured Buying duck eggs vs ducklings doesn't matter.
    Thanks!

2. kittycat1356

Mar 15, 2016
    Fayetteville nc
    Bump?

3. kittycat1356

Mar 15, 2016
    Fayetteville nc
    Okay, I found some eggs, and I didn't want to start a new thread. They are about 35$ for 8 eggs, but they are from a single pair, meaning they can be 8 days old, plus shipping will put them around 10ish. Is it worth the risk?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by