Wanting chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TLCrooks, Aug 29, 2014.

1. TLCrooks

TLCrooks New Egg

Aug 29, 2014
    I would like to start on a coop this fall. Also I want to use a old dog run for the chicken run. My husband is not totally sold on the idea yet.
    I have a grandson that will be 2 this Feb, so I was thinking of giving him the chickens for Easter & then I would keep them. He could always think of them as his.

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

BYC has a very useful learning center [​IMG]

That is suck a great idea and a great way to have them come over and visit .... [​IMG]

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a great experienced for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

4. 273816

273816 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2014
    Australia
    Welcome to this BYC. I'm glad you decided to start down the chicken route, they make such lovely pets! Anyway, I wish you the best in your experience and hope that you do get chickens because they're beautiful- mine even love hugs and kisses!

Rachel. [​IMG]

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    It took me over a year to get my husband interested, but once we got the chicks, he loved them. They are so fun, entertaining, and surprising. And he does most of the day to day care for me….AND EATS MOST OF THE EGGS!

Good luck in your plans and Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You might stop by our coops pages to get some ideas on building your coop and run. Maybe the hubby just needs some ideas to get started...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of helpful tips and hints on getting started, building the coop, raising thechicks and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators....https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck on this new journey! I hope your hubby gets on board and gets this thing going! Chickens are so much fun to keep they can be very affectionate and friendly. All my birds are lap warmers. :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Seems like reluctant spouses come over to the chicken side once they actually have them around. Who could resist little chicks?

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by