Wanting help with my bantams please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kiminal, Aug 18, 2007.

1. kiminal

kiminal New Egg

Aug 18, 2007
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Hi these are my bantams - with the photo with the girls on the chair, the one at the top of the chair lays blue eggs, while the other girl lays brown ones. I would dearly love to know what they are, and I will load a couple of photos of the two chicks I have from my rooster and the girl who lays the blue ones. His tail feathers a quite a bit longer now. Many thanks for taking a look...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kiminal

kiminal New Egg

Aug 18, 2007
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Here is the mother of the chicks and the chicks themselves. I'm hoping that they are girls but I don't have a clue how to tell. Their eyes have lightened up a bit since this photo. The pink one is actually white - both chicks have khaki coloured legs; very strange colour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  3. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    My guess for the black one on top of the chair and with the chicks is an EE with something else..Either Silkie or Polish? Someone else will probably be able to tell for sure...But I'm almost certain she's part EE. (Which is funny, as an EE is a mixed-breed in itself. [​IMG] )

4. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Wow what a beautiful Roo!

5. kiminal

kiminal New Egg

Aug 18, 2007
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Thanks for your replies. Could you tell me what an EE is please? Whitey is a beautiful boy and loves to have his photo taken.

6. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    EE = Easter Egger. it isnt an ameraucana, it isnt an araucana it is a mutt that somewhere along the line, had blue/green laying anscestors.

do your chickens live in the house?!

7. kiminal

kiminal New Egg

Aug 18, 2007
    Auckland, New Zealand
    They have an outside coop, but they do tend to wander freely around the place. Their windowsill is on a sort of outside conservatory, and they do get brought in for cuddles and photos...

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

What a good boy!! I'm so jealous! [​IMG]

9. kiminal

kiminal New Egg

Aug 18, 2007
    Auckland, New Zealand
    We think he may be a welsummer but I don't know. When he's happy his red bits behind his ears go speckled white but most of the time they are red. I'm hoping that the babies are girls but I don't know how to tell, as when Whitey was hatched he had a spiky little yellow comb.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

OMG, the mother looks just like my three Poufy-headed Sisters! They are Cochin/Silkie crossed with Barred Rock. Take a look at these-they all had Barred Rock moms:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by