Wanting Hens - North Carolina Region

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jan336, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Jan336

Jan336 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a really nice setup. I have 2 silver dorking roosters, and 1 black sex link hen. I am looking for more hens to add to the family. Not looking to spend on fancy hens for lots of money. Just looking to give a great and spoiled home. Thank you.

2. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Well, if you'd like to buy from a hatchery, my two favorites are McMurray Hatchery <mcmurrayhatchery.com> and My Pet Chicken <mypetchicken.com>. They have great prices and lots to chose from. You can also go to the Auction section of this forum! Or, a quick way to find some sellers is try going to the 'Chat' section of this forum (one of the buttons on the top, next to GFM and Messages, if you didn't know) and either give them a link to this thread, or ask them if they know of any great places to get some hens. [​IMG]

Hope that was some help!
    Louieandthecrew.

3. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Just to add that another great resource is craigslist. That is where I got my White Rocks and Silver Sebrights. Makes for good local chicken networking.

4. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Quote:[​IMG]

5. chickendude1

chickendude1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    We have three gold comets for sale and one white leghorn for sale. 8 each for the gold comets and 7 for the white leghorn. They lay really well ,but the white leghorn is older than the gold comets. But would be some great chickens for anyone Thankss

6. chickendude1

chickendude1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
  7. jason_mazzy

jason_mazzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    welcome. feel free to post in the new members section! or the north carolina section

shook poultry is probably within drinving range

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by