Wanting to Buy:Incubator for chckn/duck eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by coloradochick, Jun 24, 2008.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    My daughter mentioned as she brought yesterday egg in from the coop that we should try to hatch a couple of eggs. And my mom asked me last weekend if we were going to have baby ducks. [​IMG] hmmmm....So I've been on Ebay but that makes me a little nervous. I want to get the Genesis 1588 Ebay had 2 on there for 112.00 + shpng. Heard nothing but good about these. Or does anyone have a different thought on getting one for small hatches? [​IMG]

Cara

2. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Thanks HG, have you used this one or heard good things about it? The price is right that's for sure.

3. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I (unfortunately) do not have one! I have only heard good things about them, I have Little Giants.....3 of them. I never hear anyone complaining about their hovabator.....only commenting. Good luck! [​IMG]

4. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    [​IMG] I did it! I bought the Hova Bator G1602N. I only need the small one for a few eggs. We're not ready to do a big hatch or anything so this should be good. I almost got the R-com. (I think that's it) It hold I think 3 eggs and it's all digitally ran. But the price was a tad high. So excited! [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got two 1588s and a 1590 (older version of the 1588) and I wouldn't trade them....unless it was for a Sportsman Cabinet incubator. Get the turner while you're at it.

6. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I thought about the 1588 because of all the positive feedback on it. Maybe later if I decide to do some big hatches. But right now we just want to throw in a couple of the little eggs that one of my hens started laying last week. I also thought about the turner but I should be able to handle turning a few eggs. [​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

If you're only going to put a couple of eggs in be sure and put some heat sinks (water filled containers like pop bottles) in to help maintain the temps. An incubator with only a few eggs in it is actually harder to keep the temps steady than a full one.

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got the 1602N too. I love it, just yesterday i got a turner for it.Its a pain in the ear to turn quail eggs by hand.

9. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Whew, thanks conny, I was starting to have doubts and was even back on Double R looking to see if I should change my order. Do you use somethng to maintain temps or do you have enough eggs in there that you don't need help?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by