1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Wanting your opinions

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by blurose, Jul 6, 2008.

1. blurose

blurose Songster

May 25, 2008
    Winston, Oregon
    I have these three hens, sold as araucanas but I believe are Ameracaunas or maybe just EE. They all three have muffs or beards and slate colored legs, although I'm most probably the worst photographer that ever held a camera and the pictures don't show much of their muffs, beards or leg color. #1 lays a light pink egg, #2 lays a bright blue egg and #3 lays a more olive green egg. So, in your unexpert or expert opinions, just what breeds do I have here and what would you label their feather color as. For myself, I would say #1 was a blue wheaten almost a blue laced red even, #2 a blue brown and #3 a gold or brown black? #2 really confuses me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. angelmarie

angelmarie Songster

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    the last one looks like an aruacana but i'm not sure, i've only had one and that was bandit, but she past. Well, i know someone here will know

3. Suess hens

Suess hens Songster

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    If #1 is laying a pink egg I think that officially makes her an EE. I also thought Arucana had the tufts and no tails, Ameraucana has a tail and muffs and beards.
    Sorry that is all I can add...as I as sold Ameraucanas and am waiting to see how true the breed they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by