War Makes for Strange Friends?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Ok, I know I slaughtered the quote because I was trying to make it family friendly, but when I got home from all the christmas festivities today I unloaded a big ole bag of cat food for our outdoor kitties. they've decided the long planter box in front of the picture window is theirs now [​IMG] Of course you know what they do when they dig... another story for spring I guess..

Anyhoodles, as I was walking up with the bag of food I noticed a large blob shape in the corner of the planter box where charlie and mama cat like to sleep and I'm thinking great, that is some big ole boar coon that done ate up my little kitties and as I got closer the blob dissipated ... it was two lil banty roosters I got from Wyliefarms this summer (who escaped my run last month and I haven't been able to catch) and my two kitties. One kitty seemed to be on bottom of the pile, two roosters on top of it, with the other kitty wrapped around the rooster!?!?!? As soon as I shook the bag of food I had 4 critters running pell mell at me. I ended up with a cat on each shoulder and both roos trying to climb up my arm as I get this bag of cat food open. They act like I don't feed them?! [​IMG] so for the first time I was able to sit and hold and pet those roo's while they munched on the cat food... Now I know where the kitties extra ration of kibble goes... but who's eating all the excess scratch?! I wish I could have snapped a pic, but it was too dark and I didn't have time to grab a camera from inside.

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Awww. How sweet!

Maybe they will provide a photo op tomorrow. [​IMG]

And the local sparrow population thanks you for the excess scratch. [​IMG]

3. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Either them or those darn squirrels. Long tailed rats I call them [​IMG]

4. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Quote:Tree rats..... and they taste so good! Let me know if you need a good recipe [​IMG]

By the way, what a cute story [​IMG] Critters can be funny sometimes... The kitties you're referring to... are they the rescues that you got all soft on earlier this year and adopter? [​IMG]

5. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Tree rats..... and they taste so good! Let me know if you need a good recipe [​IMG]

By the way, what a cute story [​IMG] Critters can be funny sometimes... The kitties you're referring to... are they the rescues that you got all soft on earlier this year and adopter? [​IMG]

Yes [​IMG] I know I am breaking every rule in my own little book this year, but they are so cute, and I get so sick of animal dumpers. It was a bambi moment, and you know how I feel about bambi [​IMG]

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Under special circumstances, even you are allowed to break your own rules....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by