1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

warm baths?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jrabbit, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jrabbit

jrabbit Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2009
    How do you go about bathing an uncooperative and maybe uncomfortable hen? I'm trying to figure out what I can do for my hen (see previous message about limping 2 year old) - and wondering if this might be a good idea ... since she seems to have a wet messy butt/vent.

thanks

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    .Most of the time once you get them into the warm water they relax and enjoy it...... If your having a problem catching her you might try using a towel and covering her head till you get her into the sink or where ever your soaking her. You might also want to trim her feathers around that area to keep it from piling up.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  3. jrabbit

jrabbit Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2009
    all right, I'm preparing my kitchen sink for the bath! eek. I've bathed cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, and rats ... this is a whole NEW experience!

--janis

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by