Warm fuzzy

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by robinaggie, Jul 14, 2008.

1. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    I'm at my table working on my computer, and my one-day old Silkies are in the brooder next to me. I love the little noises they make - it's so relaxing. Then one decides to scream. Then it's back to soft little cooing noises. Who needs a radio when you have chicks?

2. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I think the same way about a TV, who needs it when you have chickens

3. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    You guys are right. Ill go out and just stand and watch the birds. My wife peeks out and says," What are you doing?"
    I always say, "Oh nothing..."

4. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Good answer davaroo. [​IMG]
    I generally tune out all the little happy chirp chirp noises wafting in my windows from my free-ranging chickens (and turkeys and guineas) but when one "goes off" it's like an alarm and I have to go check on the problem child. It gets annoying on the days I have to work at home though! Sometimes nothing IS happening, it's just some kind of power chirping or such. [​IMG]

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I spent parts of my weekend running out at the smallest weird noise they made.

Darn that "Predators" thread!!

6. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one! I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts! (of course they get 2 doz eggs/week)...

[​IMG]

7. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Yep, I like to take a chair into the run and sit in a nice shady spot to watch the "chicken show."

I can (and have) sit there for hours and just watch them run around and attend to their chicken-y bidness. [​IMG]

8. Yanna

Yanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Awwwww! They're so relaxing to watch, aren't they?

9. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I'm guilty of falling into the "chicken vortex". My coop would have been done days earlier than it was if I didn't have babies in the brooder sucking me in with their evil "look at me I'm so cute" chickie ways. I don't know what is so darned entertaining about chickens, but I lose so much time in the day just watching them. Oh well, guess it's the price to be paid [​IMG]

10. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Lol Yea i love watching my babies their entertaining...
    my dog seems to like watching them too, but he never ever would hurt a single feather on their head. He likes givin' em a tongue bath though they don't seem to like it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by