Warning About Freeranging Young African Crowned Cranes..... LOL

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by chickenzoo, May 18, 2011.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Don't ! They get into EVERYTHING!!!!!! They knock on my sliding glass door .....then when I come to see who it is, they take off running and jumping like two juvenile delinquents. They like to jump up on the rocking chairs and pretend they are wood peckers. They like to paint - I left out a gallon of paint on the back porch and they flipped off the lid, flung paint everywhere, took off with the paint roller and tray...... i know who did it as their beak was blue! You can't leave a garbage bag for a second as you are picking up all the things they have drug out into the yard, as they will rip open the bag and reposition everything again all over. You will think you are going crazy, as anything you sit down will disappear. When you are trying to sleep they will find the loudest things that make noise and play with them...... they like to balance on broom or tool handles..... they like to find things, throw it on the ground, peck it violently with their beaks, dance around it in a fast circle a few times, jump in the air and do it again...... such trouble makers. But they are a hoot.....

Note Blue beak on the 2nd one............... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    ROFL, we might need a video of that! OMG, knock door run. Too funny! You've got your hands full. Too bad they can learn how to use those brooms, huh?

3. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] TOO FUNNY!!!!

4. southern oaks

southern oaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    That would be worse than leaving a group of 3 year old children out there.. haha.. would love to see video also [​IMG]

5. MsPony

MsPony Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    How adorable!!

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

they are like 3 years old kids.......... if I ever get another video camera, I'll have a closet full of funny things they do on tape. [​IMG]

7. naakte

naakte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    OMG they sound like so much fun!!! i want a few now !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by