Warning about Harris Farms Nuture Right 360 Incubator.

tnkim58

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2018
I was worried about the large grate after you took the turner out. So far have had a 75% hatch rate and still more pipping but one chicks leg fell thru the grate and don't think it will make it, leg is bloody from the poor little thing trying to get out and think the foot is dead as it is black. I wonder if you could put paper towels down at lock down cut to shape or would that affect humidity?

I bought this incubator about a month ago. Worked perfect for 21 days, then on hatch day, everything went wrong. First, condensation built up way too high in the incubator and water started collecting in the digital display, even with the humidity control all the way open. The humidity was so high, the chicks wouldn't dry. Then, about six chicks hatched and I noticed that they all had bloody beaks with blood dripping down their faces, so I started watching. When the chicks would stand up under the fan, the vent holes are so large, the chicks could stick their heads up into the fan. The fan blade would smack them in the head, breaking their beaks. This is a terrible design. I snatched the chicks out of the incubator and put them directly under the heat lamp to try to save as many as possible. Then the high temperature alarm started going off on the machine (saying it was 219 degrees), the candling lamp came on and none of the buttons worked. The fan was still running so I put a thermometer inside hoping that it would still run long enough to hatch the rest of my eggs. The temperature dropped to 79 degrees and stayed there. The machine was completely broken at that point and I'm returning it.

So sorry! The little chick whose foot went thru is probably broken it wont use it at all toes are curled it hobbles around the bleeding stopped it is 4 days old now, I eye drop water and it pecks at the food but just cannot cull this poor little beautiful colored polish chick, Harris offered to pay for the chick and because they have heard about the open fan sent me a silicon cover that the squares still look too large imo. I got a shelf liner with small holes to cover the grate on lockdown. yes I agree the design needs work I find it hard to take the cover off you need 2 hands. Again sorry about what you went thru.

Mine spiked to 101 called company as it was loaded with turkey eggs they tried to help with the factory reset it spiked to 102 then i checked my egg thermometer its an egg that sits with the rest said 103 after the spike to 103 on machine i cried . this was yesterday . I have another that so far its doing a great job . its the first one i had the second machine is my problem . Good luck all .

My clutch is on day 20, I have lots of pipped eggs. I've been closely following the threads for trouble shooting. My husband made a cover for the fan and I have placed paper towels over the bottom grate. I love this design, the compact size and visibility. Fingers are crossed for a successful hatch. I understand the heart break of failed hatches.

15 cornish eggs ready to go in if bob sends me the machine in time i havent given up . just bummed i love these . company is one i have always trusted as well

Back
Top Bottom