****WARNING GRAPHIC PICS*****(I got finally got them)

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Harley's girl, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

OK to start with I have full permission for my local game warden. With that being said......
    WHOOHOO!!!! I finally got them! Thursday night a coon got in my coop. Thank the Lord that there was a bag of food in the coop. He went after it instead of my dear chickens. I set a leg hold trap (Well actually my DH did) and guess what? We got a small coon! YES!! So I told DH last night be sure to set the trap again. He did and.......We got a big one!!!!! I did not take pics of the first kill but you betcha I did with this one! Check it out!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We will be setting the trap again tonight.
    **BTW** I have been setting a box trap and they have gotten smart to it. So we have been setting a leg hold trap.

2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    WAY TO GO! got the coon.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  3. Harley's girl

Thank you Ticks. I am so glad that they did not get any of my chickens! I am sure the buzzards will like their meal today! [​IMG] LOL

mmmmm........bloated raccoon! [​IMG]

4. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Ditto to what Ticks said.
    Good luck tonight.
    BTW, I like the idea of keeping the feed in the run so that the'll eat it instead of the chickens; especially if you're setting the traps.
    Did you shoot them after catching them in the trap?

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Harley's girl :

Thank you Ticks. I am so glad that they did not get any of my chickens! I am sure the buzzards will like their meal today! [​IMG] LOL

mmmmm........bloated raccoon! [​IMG]

Eat the coon!
    [​IMG]

6. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    After you get 5 or so it will slow down. There is one thing to remember about keeping food in the run. If there are any bear in the area, they will tear your run apart.

7. Harley's girl

Quote:Yep we shoot them. No sense in turning them loose. They will just be back.

8. Harley's girl

Quote:I have heard of bear being in Ohio by the WV boarder. So far that is all. (Thank goodness) I am not sure what I would do if we had to worry about those too. We already have to worry about coons, fox, coyote, opossum, snakes, hawks, eagles (which are awesome to see...just not around my birds) dogs, bobcat, weasel, skunks, mink, and cats! [​IMG] I really hope that the bear stay over there! [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wooo hoooo! [​IMG]

Harley's Girl ---- 1

Wild Raccoons --- 0

10. Harley's girl

Quote:I actually got 2! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by