warning graphic pictures

cole21x

Hatching
May 7, 2016
so yesterday i was treating my chickens for scaly foot mites and when i picked up one of my cornish hens she had something wrong with her anus. Now today it is bleeding and i don't know what is wrong and what could have caused this to happen. All of my other chickens are fine. I segregated her into our empty coop and she seems to be eating drinking and acting normal. But i still have know idea whats wrong and what could have caused this i really want her to be ok. please help!
fl.gif

How old is she? She probably has been vent pecked which can lead to cannibalism. They may need more room, or to get outside to roam if they are bored. What amount of protein is in their feed? She could also have suffered a vent prolapse which attracted the pecking. Use Blukote to cover the vent to avoid pecking. At what age will you butcher them?

She is a year and half years old I let them out everyday as long as it's not to cold or rainy to roam and I'm not sure what the protein is but what foods do you recommend and also I don't butcher any of my chickens . Thank you for the feedback tho!!

Back
Top Bottom