Warning! Harleys and chickens....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by gritsar, Dec 15, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    don't mix well...at all.

We are having an unseasonably warm day. DH decided it would be a good day to get the harley out of its shed and run it for a bit. Problem is, the harley shed is too close for comfort to the juvenile coop at the moment. Still haven't gotten the big tractor fixed to move the juvie coop. [​IMG]

The big birds are semi-used to the noise the harley makes; being that they've listened to it for a few years now.

The juvies? They freaked!! The ones that couldn't run to the safety of their coop and cower in the nestboxes scattered to the four winds. Finally caught up with the silkies. They were headed back to China.

Half a loaf of bread later, I think I have everyone calmed down and back where they belong. [​IMG]

2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    There is a feral hen that had some chicks here this summer and every time I rode my motorcycle back into the yard she would chase me all the way to the shop. Fierce momma.
    sharon

3. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas

[​IMG]
    That made me laugh. Poor birdies. [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    My favorite Barred Rock "Bella" snuck into our garage and left a 'present' on the seat of my motorcycle awhile back, it wasnt an egg neither. [​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

Once, when Thor was a baby, he got confused and tried roosting on the handlebars of the harley. Had I not spotted him first, and moved quicker than DH did, Thor would be only a memory.

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop

[​IMG]
    That made me laugh. Poor birdies. [​IMG]

Made me laugh too. [​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

So what did impy do?

Like I don't know.

Imp- kick Harley butt?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Impy was high tailing it to China with the silkies. [​IMG] Everyone knows Thor rules the roost. [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:It was that dagnabbit Impy that was making everything worse! He was screaming his alert alarm non-stop. I was trying to staple some plastic up on the front of the coop, getting Impy even more upset. DH was s'pose to be helping me with the plastic sheeting, but he spotted his harley and there went my help. [​IMG] Every time Impy would holler, the girls would squawk and cower some more. Of course he left the girls in the coop and was doing all his screaming from under a bush, all by himself. [​IMG] I can't tell you how many times in that half hour I reminded Impy of what I could do to his scrawny little head with that heavy duty staple gun. [​IMG]

Thor? He quietly moved his girls to the woods, far away from the noise of the iron horse; like the sensible rooster that he is. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by