(Warning: morbid)... but pretty funny IMO

superchemicalgirl

HEN PECKED
11 Years
Jan 10, 2010
Vacationland, Maine
I know we've all joked around about falling down in the run and being eaten by a pack of hungry (just having eaten 2 minutes ago... they're starving!) chickens.

I came home from work today to this:

46869_267182_188366861217883_100001337108712_472136_372955_o.jpg

Now, those girls love to dig. They're building foxholes for WWIII, or digging to China while I'm at work, something, anything to keep them entertained... and they've unearthed some pretty weird stuff. To date the strangest thing was a plastic crab and some pottery shards, but today's "find" takes the cake.

(and no, for those of you reporting me to the police department... it's not human).

Last edited:
It's definitely a radius arm bone... and they were leaving it alone until I came to inspect. Then my shadow (hoppy the speckled Sussex) had to see what I thought was so interesting. By the time I grabbed the camera she had excavated it as you can see.

Glad others found this funny too I was a bit worried to post it.

At my dad's house there used to be old farm buildings behind it that went with the house way back when, but that part was sold to the city so they knocked them down and buried them. A nice mulberry tree grew in nice and thick, and created the best dust bathing spot ever.

I'd go in there and sit with my chickens. They started getting deeper and deeper. All manner of cow and pig bones started coming to the surface! I was a kid, and thought maybe they had unearthed an indian burial ground or something!

Now in my own house, they're finding soft edged glass bits (so very old, with the nice dull edges on it) and pottery shards and things. Nothing ancient, but certainly plenty old. This house was built in 1927, but the next street over is all 1800's. Our back yard must have been someone's trash pit way back when.
lol.png

Last edited:
Mine had dug so deep today that I told them that they were going to wind up in a chinese restaurant if they weren't careful
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom