Warning: Posts may contain chicken puns

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nicklebees, Jan 27, 2017.

1. nicklebees

nicklebees New Egg

Jan 26, 2017
    Hello BYC community

I'm Nick from Ohio. I've never had birds before, but I recently enjoyed Harvey Ussery's book and I'm hoping to get started soon.

Here are a few photos taken during my recent re-coop-eration efforts. I've since put on a new plywood roof and next up is the metal roof replacement, gutters, rainwater barrel, door repairs, and maybe a fenced run for 10-20 Buckeyes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under nicklebees [​IMG] Welcome!

Good luck on your chicken venture and please do keep us posted with the coop progress.

You might want to also say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - I wish you all the best in completing your coop / run.

CT

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Nick

Glad you could join us here! Good luck with your coop rebuild, it's always great recycle what you already have. It sounds like you are making a good start on it.
    We have a coop contest running right now that yiumay consider entering ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1072147/official-byc-coop-and-run-page-contest-2016/0_30 How to enter is in the first post of the thread.
    Please do pop by the learning Center, lots of good articles there that I'm sure you will find helpful ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

6. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Nick, it's nice to have you here! Good luck on your coop re-build, always great to see what members can do with recycled materials.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Nick, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Love the rustic coop! Good luck with your project and enjoy your buckeyes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by