Warning signs of food poisoning

Waves

I feed chickens with italian pizza. No,I'm joking!
Apr 16, 2019
Centre of Italy
Hi all. I found today the storage cabinet in the coop opened because of the very strong wind that broke it. In the cabinet there was some feeding that kept water some days ago and became green. I wanted to throw it away but i couldn't lift it and waited for my daddy, and the cabinet was close yesterday evening so i didn't know that chickens could have been interested in it. 🥶
Now i obviously threw out all and re-closed the cabinet, but i fear some of the hens can have eaten some green feeding, even if it seems they didn't noticed (but they've been hours without supervision).😓
Are there special signs of illness and food poisoning which i should stay aware?

Moldy feed from water condensation or leaks is very dangerous to chickens. It should be discarded right away and new feed obtained. Consider using a garbage can or rubbish can with a tight fitting lid for feed storage.

Symptoms of mold poisoning can be loss of balance, paralysis of legs, lethargy, diarrhea, decreased feed intake, and sudden death.

Moldy feed from water condensation or leaks is very dangerous to chickens. It should be discarded right away and new feed obtained. Consider using a garbage can or rubbish can with a tight fitting lid for feed storage.

Symptoms of mold poisoning can be loss of balance, paralysis of legs, lethargy, diarrhea, decreased feed intake, and sudden death.
Thank you dear.
I know the danger caused by moldy feeding, in fact i kept it in the closed cabinet waiting for my dad to discard it, it was too heavy. Chickens couldnt absolutely eat that food and I fed them with other food in these days! But then the wind broke the cabinet. 😪
Thank you, i will keep a close eye on my chickens. Thanks a lot :fl

Back
Top Bottom