Warning: Ungrateful Rant

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by 1stepcloser, Jan 8, 2010.

1. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    I cannot STAND my husband's cousin. The feeling is mutual and since we live on opposite ends of the country it is never really an issue. Well we just got a Christmas package from her (very nice...not ungrateful yet) for the first time in our 15 year marriage (still not ungrateful...but it is coming) of a bunch of USED/STAINED CLOTHES for our kids. what? I mean like big, obvious yellow stain in the middle of a white shirt type of used. Faded two shades below its original color from 10 years ago type of used.

[​IMG]

Wow. I would love to say it is the thought that counts but I am missing the nice thought right now. [​IMG]

Sooooooooo now what? I guess there is where I pretend to be gracious and send her a nice, handwritten thank you card. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    With a recycled Christmas card! [​IMG]

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Sure just send it on a crinkled, out of the garbage piece of old used paper. Just kidding. As my mother in law always says, "just try to get above it" and be the bigger person by sending a Thank You.

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    O dear. I'm not really sure what all of that means... maybe they are "play clothes", which is what alot of people pass hand me downs as....

Is the cousin Color blind? [​IMG]

5. 1stepcloser

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    No, they aren't hand-me-downs as she has no husband/son to get them from. No...I am pretty sure she snagged them from Goodwill or something. They have that lovely thrift store smell to them. And please know, I am NOT against thrift stores. I shop there all the time myself. I just cannot imagine mailing someone a giant box ($33 in postage...I kid you not) of funky, nasty, used clothes...half of which are no where near their sizes. (And yes, she asked their sizes in advance.) [​IMG]

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:What in the world?!?!?! Thats just odd.... again, I am at a loss for words on this one... for heaven sakes....

7. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    ?!? At that point I would have rather had the $33 she spent on shipping and went to the thrift store to get my own clothes LOL! Sounds like a rather passive/aggresive move to me.
    I agree to be the better person and recycle what you can't use and throw away the rest that are too stained/old to do anything with. I would also send the NICEST thank you card [​IMG]

8. 1stepcloser

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    Sounds like a rather passive/aggresive move to me.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! That is exactly how I am seeing it.​

9. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    You and I both could use one of these. [​IMG] So one for you. And one for me. [​IMG]

10. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Dear Cousin _________,

We recieved your package the other day, but we were a bit confused. We looked and looked through all the old worn out clothing you used as packing material, but never found what it was you intended to send.

Perhaps you forgot to put it in the box?

Love,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by