Warranty expired

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by A.T. Hagan, Oct 12, 2010.

1. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    It never fails. As soon as the warranty runs out they start to fall to pieces.

Feathers everywhere lately. Must be Fall!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG]

Warranty expired, lol. Same scene here, looks like a feather pillow factory exploded!

On a more serious side note, how do you keep the ground cleared like that? I know it's shady, but I have shade and vines are growing like a jungle. The chickens won't touch them. [​IMG]

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I'm on the sand ridge so the ground is pretty poor under those trees which is why I'm running the tractors through there. We're also slipping into a drought so nothing much is growing right now.

I couldn't get it to show very well in a photo but I have another tractor where it looks like they've had a pillow fight every morning when I go out at dawn.

[​IMG]

My daughter's going to have lots of feathers for her quill pen project this year.

5. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Looks like someone busted open a pillow at my place too Alan!!!![​IMG]

6. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

I thought I was mostly done with the moulting this Fall. NOPE.... this morning it looked like I lost a hen [​IMG] She just started blowing all her feathers over night. I had to do a head count twice!! There were so many feathers all in one place like she shook and a they all fell out. [​IMG] Poor girl I hope they grow back before the rains start.

7. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    I'm in AZ... No feathers yet.

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    It's that time of year again. Looks like a coon got into my rooster pen there are so many white feathers all over the place.

9. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    A.T. Hagan :

It's that time of year again. Looks like a coon got into my rooster pen there are so many white feathers all over the place.

I actually believed that one of my chickens had been killed by a predator! So many feathers! [​IMG]

10. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I'm inundated with feathers too... and some non-egg layers that I think are molting without losing many... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by