Warrenton, Missouri - WANTED: Chinese Goose; Female

TJ

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 7, 2007
Missouri
Hello all, gosh it's been a long time since I've been here and my goodness look at all the newbies! Isn't it great to see how much Backyard Chickens site has grown?! Fantastic!
smile.png

Anyway, I am looking to buy a female Chinese Goose. We have a stray (what we believe to be a male) Chinese Goose that follows a flock of Canada geese around our place. Winter is coming and I'm concerned for his safety and thought if we got him a mate that possibly we could get him to stay with us.

If you have one or know of someone who does and lives in the state of Missouri I would appreciate you contacting me.

Thank you all!

~tj

P.S. - Can someone tell me why is says "Out of the Brooder" by my name? I didn't put that there, does anyone know how to remove it? Thanks...

Last edited:
The Out of the Brooder, is just a label the site has for your post count.....it will change, to something else the higher your post count goes.

Sorry, can't help you with your search for a female goose.....live in Texas, don't know anyone in your area:lol:

Thank you PassthePeace1 for the info.! I've been out of the loop so to speak and had no idea where that "Out of the Brooder" came from...lol

Thanks for responding!

Take care!

~tj

We have a gorgeous white chinese female just started laying eggs about 10 days ago. You can go to my website and see her. She is on the front page at the bottom with my daughter and her ribbons and plaque that she won. She wants her to go to a good home.

You can call me at home tonight if you want I will Pm my phone number. Or we can take your stray!
wink.png

Thanks Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
409_100_8463.jpg

...This is the stray Chinese goose I'm talking about in my post...
smile.png

P.S. - And JMajors I sent you an e-mail thru this website regarding the goose you mentioned.

Last edited:
TJ
What you have is a brown chinese goose. I have a white chinese goose. Same family, different color. There is male and female in both colors. Yours definately looks like a male with the huge topknot on his head. I have heard they will interbreed (don't know exactly what you will end up with!) They will definately be ok running together and will probably be pretty happy.

Ours come in to the cattle barn at night and go into a dog kennel with a huge dog box that they NEVER use! They prefer to just snuggle up in a hay pile and hang out there. In the mornings we let them out to free range and poop on the front porch and such! LOL. I feed them the same feed that we feed the chickens which is UN-MEDICATED layer crumbles. DONT feed them medicated ever! Also, when you feed them make sure they have water nearby that they can put their whole face in. They need that to clean out their flares(nostrils) they HAVE to have water or they will choke on their feed. Your pond should be sufficient if you feed them near that. They will scoop up a mouthfull and RUN to the pond to get it all wet and slimy. Sometimes they fling it around and make a nice mess!

I would venture a guess if you put a house down by the pond they might use it but the varmints would have free range of them. If you want to put them up at night, I would get some sort of dog kennel to put around their house and go from there. That is the reason ours goes up at night, I don't want varmints getting them. Also, they warn of anything new coming into the barn by honking wildly.

I pm'd you about the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom