Wartlike Feature in My 4-5 Week Old Chick!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Nemo Reyes, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Nemo Reyes

Nemo Reyes Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2013
    Sanford,North Carolina
    Well last month my hen had 8 'Chicks.....2 orange, 1 yellow, and 5I black. About a week ago I noticed a wartlike bump on the chicks face under its eye......I need to know if its curable, and what medicine is needed. Im very worried because I don't want my chick to end up blind from one eye just because of a wart.....a pic is included.![​IMG]

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I haven't seen that before. Could he have been pecked, and it scarred over? Maybe it is a cyst. It doesn't look like the normal swelling around an eye that a respiratory infection would cause.

3. Nemo Reyes

Aug 20, 2013
    Sanford,North Carolina
    Ummm do you know of any method of treating it? Or Something :eek:

4. Eggcessive

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I would watch it for a few days, and see if it changes size or color. Keep us updated--maybe someone else has seen this before.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nemo Reyes

Aug 20, 2013
    Sanford,North Carolina
    I will keep everyone updated.

6. Nemo Reyes

Aug 20, 2013
    Sanford,North Carolina
    Okay so i saw a change a day ago! The wart fell off but now it looks like some sort of bacteria or something might be eating away at the skin under his eye is human neosporin okay to treat this?

7. Eggcessive

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Neosporin ointment is fine, just make sure there is no pain killer in it, just the plain neosporin, polysporin, or triple antibiotic ointment. Posting another picture might help keep this going with more suggestions. Has there been any drainage from this cyst?

8. Nemo Reyes

Aug 20, 2013
    Sanford,North Carolina
    No i just noticed its completely gone [​IMG] but im fortunate his eye is okay[​IMG] i will put up pictures tomorrow.

9. Nemo Reyes

Aug 20, 2013
    Sanford,North Carolina
    Hello to everyone who was following this post... 2 weeks ago the chick i was talking to you about passed away ..... thanks for the support but something made me feel and wonder if he had mereks.....

10. Eggcessive

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by