Was I dumb or DUMBER?

pgpoultry

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Wales
I was sold 6 'so called' Naked Neck fertile eggs.......they must have seen me coming!

Well 5 out of 6 were not fertile....the solo chick which hatched was NOT NN.

So what is she? (PLEASE say it's a hen at least)...Light Sussex? MUTT....AND MALE?

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

Sandie

I think she is cute. Get in touch with the person that sold you the eggs and tell them they sold you the wrong eggs and you can prove it. You can also spread the news that that person is not to be trusted with paricular breed. Good luck.

Do you have any idea which other breeds the seller has? That might help you to figure out what breed or mix this one chick is. I have no idea, except that it's cute...

It's too soon to tell whether it's male or female.

Is the NN gene 100%? I've never had NN, but I hatched some Showgirls for the first time this year and from what I understand, I shouldn't expect 100% of chicks to hatch with the naked neck. About half my chicks hatched out with the naked neck, but the seller had Showgirls and Silkies together, so I knew I'd hatch some Silkies and some Showgirls.

I think you should contact the seller and lay out the facts for them and see what they say. If there was an honest mistake made, I would expect them to re-send eggs.

The seller was very unhelpful, trying to say that I must have placed eggs in the incubator along with the ones he sent. Well, I only had the 6 from him in there, and the other 5 were infertile.

It is a shame that a few unscrupulous people spoil things for the genuine sellers of good quality postal eggs....I've hatched 5 out of 6 very good quality Brahma chicks from eggs sent through the postal system....and they WERE what they were supposed to be.

Asking this particular seller what other chickens he keeps is probably a waste of time as he is clearly not a truthful person.

Sandie

Yes, that's a thought Southernbelle.

I am generally no the complaining type, and have had 0 hatch from 12 , blaming the postal service, but here I have a chick that is clearly not what it is supposed to be. The little beggar has, of course, wormed its way into everyones' heart and is being spoilt rotten, so we will keep it anyway. But I will pursue the seller by Paypal. Thank You,

Sandie

Back
Top Bottom