1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

was it luck.....?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Grant6411, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Grant6411

Grant6411 RIP Steven

Dec 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    when my ag teacher orded chicks for those who were buying, not one of the 22 died. they were shipped from texas to FL, breed chocies were americuanas, australorps,sultans(actually polish),silkies,cochins, and frizzle cochins. was it luck that none have died? i know its only been a week, and one ALMOST died untill i saved it ( thread : i saved a chick this morning, something like that i forgot what i named the thread i think it was that...)but.. there all healthy and stuff. so is it luck?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Luck of the draw my friend.... Ya just never know how many are gonna make it when they are mailed. CONGRATS!

3. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    If it's luck, then I'm a lucky guy. Never had one arrive belly up during their trip from Texas to the Northeast.

Wayne

4. Grant6411

Grant6411 RIP Steven

Dec 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    well ill have some pictures of my chicks and all the chicks later 2night, so i cant wait to show you.

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Luck !! All depends on how long, the weather, how they are handled !! I do belive some people have better luck than others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by