1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Was my TSC Buff Orpington purchase a roo-fest?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Leavingegypt, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Leavingegypt

Leavingegypt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wilma or Willy?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pruda or Pauly?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alice or Big Al?

2 weeks ago I made a trip to TSC and was jazzed that they had BO. The guy scooped up 3 chicks and off I went, also with 3 Red Pullets. When I got home I remembered that $1.99 meant straight run. Take a guess at what I got if you can. Alice is the smallest but energetic, Wilma is very large and is vying for rule of the brooder with a Red Production chick named Leila. Pruda is feathered pretty good and her tail seems to be coming in nicely.

2. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    I think Al ready has waddles...hmm. Waddles are my tell all on the orps :)

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the last one looks like the only cockerel

4. Leavingegypt

Mar 21, 2012
    That's Alice/Al. That's what I thought too. Last one to get feathers and is really mouthy. Also, if I go to get him/her out of the brooder the skrawny little thing will turn around and try to peck me.

5. Leavingegypt

Mar 21, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well it appears that overnight ya'll's ID was confirmed- or at least it seems that way. I took the chicks out for some sun and scratchin' and in the bright morning sun there "HE" was. Alice's/Al's comb ridges were more orange than the other 2 BO. not only that, when I went to transfer him from the carrier to the make-shift pen outside- pecked me! I guess it will still take time, but my scrawny little Alice with pasty butt and a plucky disposition, is now BIG Al, man of the coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by