was thinking of getting in to breeding quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by adorable, Dec 16, 2009.

1. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    I was thinking of getting into breeding quail.I have someone that has a feeder biss. I was thinking of becoming her supplier. On a small scale of course. How do i go about this.?Or is this a good idea at all?Would i be getting into something that i shoudnt be?Just a little concerned thats all. Need some advice.

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Feeder Biss? I Take It You Mean She Sells Feeder Animals To Folks With Large Predatory Stock Or Pets? Like Snakes?

3. adorable

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    yes ...But i gather it isnt a good idea to get into that. I guess i was thinking out loud

4. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I had a pet store wanting eggs to feed snakes but the would not pay enough to make it worth while

5. youridreezen

youridreezen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    Quote:i agree with this you would get very little money for them.

cheers youri.

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    If you want to raise quail, do it because it is something you would be interested in doing for yourself. IF (and I do mean IF) you can manage to make some money on the side by selling chicks, eggs, or grown adults, that's great....but I wouldn't bet on it.

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:i agree with this you would get very little money for them.

cheers youri.

MOST LIKELY THIS IS CORRECT--- WE HAVE A LARGE BREEDER ON HERE WHO TRIED THIS RECENTLY--- IT WAS SOMEWHAT OF A FLOP. THEN YOU RUN INTO THE LOGISTICAL PROBLEMS--- CAN YOU MEET A STEADY DEMAND IF THEY TAKE OFF? BECAUSE FEED SALES IS GOING TO WANT A STEAD SOURCE OF SUPPLY--- NOTHING TURNS A CUSTOMER OFF LIKE HEARING "SORRY WE'RE OUT" FOR THE 2ND OR 3RD TIME...

8. adorable

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    I wasnt going to do it for the money. Just another project.I am home all day. SOmething else to look after. But have a buyer for them also. I love animals. Just something i thought of.Just wanted someone else outlook on it ..As i know nothing of the bird.

9. canter6

canter6 Cooped up

Oct 12, 2009
    Dacula,GA.
    Quote:For love or money is a pretty good reason.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by