was thinking of getting in to breeding quail

adorable

Songster
12 Years
Aug 7, 2007
near ottawa ontario
I was thinking of getting into breeding quail.I have someone that has a feeder biss. I was thinking of becoming her supplier. On a small scale of course. How do i go about this.?Or is this a good idea at all?Would i be getting into something that i shoudnt be?Just a little concerned thats all. Need some advice.

sad.png
I had a pet store wanting eggs to feed snakes but the would not pay enough to make it worth while

If you want to raise quail, do it because it is something you would be interested in doing for yourself. IF (and I do mean IF) you can manage to make some money on the side by selling chicks, eggs, or grown adults, that's great....but I wouldn't bet on it.

Quote:
i agree with this you would get very little money for them.

cheers youri.

MOST LIKELY THIS IS CORRECT--- WE HAVE A LARGE BREEDER ON HERE WHO TRIED THIS RECENTLY--- IT WAS SOMEWHAT OF A FLOP. THEN YOU RUN INTO THE LOGISTICAL PROBLEMS--- CAN YOU MEET A STEADY DEMAND IF THEY TAKE OFF? BECAUSE FEED SALES IS GOING TO WANT A STEAD SOURCE OF SUPPLY--- NOTHING TURNS A CUSTOMER OFF LIKE HEARING "SORRY WE'RE OUT" FOR THE 2ND OR 3RD TIME...

I wasnt going to do it for the money. Just another project.I am home all day. SOmething else to look after. But have a buyer for them also. I love animals. Just something i thought of.Just wanted someone else outlook on it ..As i know nothing of the bird.

Back
Top Bottom