Was this chick dead?

kbaabyyy36

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2016
I think i have made a mistake. Its day 7 and i had ten eggs. When i candled them all of them were fertile however i noticed two of them were very poress and both of those two looked very different from the others. After looking at them more i noticed what looked like a blood ring around the edges and this ring moved very quickly as i moved the egg. Googled it and came to the conclusion they were dead. So i took them out and decided i would crack them open to observe and try to decide which day i feel as if they quit based on what had happened developmentally. The first egg i cracked was in fact dead and im positive. Everything was runny and no eye had even began to form. The second egg however was also kind of runny and looked the same as the other blood wise but i SWEAR i saw the heart still beating and now im heartbroken. Is this possible even if there is a blood ring? I got a magnify glass and something- very tiny right on the chick was twitching ever so slightly. I should have just waited but with them being very poress eggs and having the blood ring i was sure they were dead. Here is the picture. Any input or advice on what to do next time is appreciated.

I was incubating last summer and they kept doing the same thing. When I put more water in the incubator it solved my problem. Have you been putting water in your incubator, and if you have then what kind are you using?

I was incubating last summer and they kept doing the same thing. When I put more water in the incubator it solved my problem. Have you been putting water in your incubator, and if you have then what kind are you using?
i keep my humidity at 25-30% days 1-18. Its a generic unbranded bator but it does pretty well and ive hatch from it before.

Back
Top Bottom