Was told that I have an EE and a SLW, but I think they switched which was which...

kstokes

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012

I was told that the one on the left, the black one, was an EE, and that the one of the right, the yellow chipmunk-y one, was the SLW. That's the opposite, isn't it?? The yellow one has green legs and fluffy cheeks! I have pics of their backs/wings too, if you'd like ;) They're two weeks old today.

great! now that we've got that confirmed, it just raises my worries that the EE is a roo :( I've read too many posts of people's chipmunk striped EE's being roos! I wonder if there's been an unofficial poll yet?

great! now that we've got that confirmed, it just raises my worries that the EE is a roo :( I've read too many posts of people's chipmunk striped EE's being roos! I wonder if there's been an unofficial poll yet?

That's incorrect. I have 2 EE's both laying every day and had the chipmunk stripe! She lays a bluer egg.

Here is my oldest one in front. We bought her at a 2-3 weeks old, so she has a bit of feathering. You can see she's clearly striped in the back.
c3ed9ee5.jpg

My younger EE is in my profile pic. Has a stripe too. She is an olive egger!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom