1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Was told that I have an EE and a SLW, but I think they switched which was which...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kstokes, Apr 13, 2012.

1. kstokes

kstokes Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2012
    [​IMG]
    I was told that the one on the left, the black one, was an EE, and that the one of the right, the yellow chipmunk-y one, was the SLW. That's the opposite, isn't it?? The yellow one has green legs and fluffy cheeks! I have pics of their backs/wings too, if you'd like ;) They're two weeks old today.

2. orumpoultry

orumpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2012
    Trinity, TX
    You would be correct.

3. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona
    yes the black one is a silver laced wyan.

4. themadchicken

themadchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2012
    Lehi Utah
    WOW those are some really green legs. Yes the black is the Slw.

5. kstokes

kstokes Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2012
    great! now that we've got that confirmed, it just raises my worries that the EE is a roo :( I've read too many posts of people's chipmunk striped EE's being roos! I wonder if there's been an unofficial poll yet?

6. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    That's incorrect. I have 2 EE's both laying every day and had the chipmunk stripe! She lays a bluer egg.

Here is my oldest one in front. We bought her at a 2-3 weeks old, so she has a bit of feathering. You can see she's clearly striped in the back.
    [​IMG]

My younger EE is in my profile pic. Has a stripe too. She is an olive egger!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  7. orumpoultry

orumpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2012
    Trinity, TX
    I just recently raised up a batch of 20 EE pullets ( yes, all pullets ) that were chipmunked. I think your stats are based on a fluke.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by