Wash before boiling, or no?

Erin80

Songster
Apr 16, 2017
Possibly a stupid question...haha. I'm making egg salad sandwiches....we don't usually ever wash our chickens eggs unless they are noticeable dirty (pretty much never). Do I need to wash them before boiling them? I'm guessing probably not....

I used to wash everything. Then I found out how dirty water really it. Now I eat right out of the garden and daughter is convinced that I'm going to die of something. Water is dirty. Don't drink water. Drink whiskey! :D

When you boil the eggs, the boiling water kills most things. Washing again introduces whatever is living in the water or chemicals. Now, I will rinse boiled eggs in cold water to make them shell easier. What doesn't kill us, strengthens us. Whiskey still tastes better. ;) And the alcohol kills most everything.

When you boil the eggs, the boiling water kills most things. Washing again introduces whatever is living in the water or chemicals. Now, I will rinse boiled eggs in cold water to make them shell easier. What doesn't kill us, strengthens us. Whiskey still tastes better. ;) And the alcohol kills most everything.
I'm alcohol intolerant. The alcohol will kill me too.:th

(And yes shocking the hot eggs in cold water makes peeling tons easier. I don't keep ice around so cold running water is the way to go for me.)

Back
Top Bottom