1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

washing machine walks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cknmom, Oct 15, 2007.

1. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    I have a maytag neptune washer/ dryer. My washer sometimes walks anywhere from one inch to two feet.[​IMG] I have the rubber feet on them but it does no good. I was thinking of putting rubbermats under them but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Monica

2. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    It needs to be balanced. The feet should screw up and down. This will happen sometimes when you wash a heavy load, it gets off a little

3. cknmom

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    My DH has balanced them three times. He thinks he might need to buff up the floor more underneath the house. I'm trying to find an easier way, he has a bad back but does everything anyway.
    Monica

4. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    I put mine on a skid and it worked out well, my machine was old and hard to balance, the skid worked out well.

5. cknmom

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    thanks momoftwinsinmi,
    What kind of skids? were they rubber? I was thinking of the rubber mats you stand on for back relief. But was not sure if they'd be too thick.

Monica

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Our washing machine is on the second floor of the house (Well, on top of the finished basement) and it has leaked a few times. To solve that problem, we bought this metal plate thing that goes underneath the washer. It catches any water that leaks. It also solved the problem of the washer moving with a heavy load. Not sure what this thing was called, but you can most likely find it in lowes or home depot.

7. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    Most washing machines have a large cinder block weight in them to keep the machine from dancing. When the block works loose the machine will move about. Just tighten up the bolts holding it down. That should do the trick.

Rufus

8. cknmom

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    Thank you, I will pass on the info on the metal plate and the "brick" thinggie. My Dh is a contractor and doesn't let me do nay of the work, I help of course.

Monica

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by