Washington and Oregon ???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by momofdrew, Jan 8, 2009.

1. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you safe, dry, underwater???
    watching CNN you are getting whacked again only this time with rain and melting snow

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I was wondering about them too, because first all the snow and now 8-10 inches of rain!!!! Scary!

3. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I think poor Washington took the major brunt of this storm. There are mud slides and flooded parts of the coast and Willamette valley in Oregon...but it's the folks in Washington that are really hurting.

4. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    I was wondering about the BYCers out there too, escpecially as I watched the evening news last night.

Good luck!

5. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I must live under a rock ( a large, unmovable, very heavy rock) what's going on?

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    No rain today, but sheesh the wind is driving me nuts.

It was actually sunny and gorgeous this morning, but I can see clouds marching in.

It was pretty bad last week and is supposed to get worse.

Thanks for caring! [​IMG]

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am in SW Oregon and we are okay...I have standing water in areas of my run and property but okay. the folks up on NW got some high water levels and a couple roads flooding but Southern Washington is getting hammered. 25,000 were evacuated, 20 miles of I-5 in Centralia is shut down and covered with water...it is a mess up there.

With the heavy rainfall and the warmer temps causing the snow to melt....it is causing all those rivers to rise. I am watching the storms and such heavily because my BF is in Rainier, WA and if she needs to get out, I am pulling out the blow up mattress for her, her DH, 3 cats and whoever else.

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I live in Tacoma, about 35 miles south of Seattle. Our yard was a massive puddle. Now it's a massive slab of mud. We're lucky b/c we're not on a flood plain.

My brother, however, lives on the banks of the Puyallup River. He lives about 3-4 miles upriver from where this video was taken: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niLseYNjWS0

He
    was evacuated from the valley - aka flood plain - where he lives.

A friend of mine lives right on the other side of the bridge where the video was taken... haven't heard from him.

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I love in North/Central WA and we're okay...some small streams are flooding, but we're up in the mountains (North Cascades) with sagebrush...so we're okay...my parents are in Portland & my SIL is in Bellingham.

10. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

My Step son and family live is Federal Way...They just moved to a house on higher ground where they used to live flooded all the time He says he is ok but says the big trucks cant get in to deliver food and other supplies the Western part of Wa are having slides closing the roads...

Hope you all stay safe & keep your livestock dry...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by