WASHINGTON CHICKS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by beektoria, Mar 4, 2009.

1. beektoria

beektoria Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2009
    Everett, Wa
    Any one out there selling chicks (any) in western WA? I googled "Chicks Snohomish County" and all I got were dating websites. "Breeding chicks" got me restaurant info...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    What are you looking for? I can probably help you.

God Bless,

3. cyrixlord

cyrixlord Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Monroe, wa
    I just got one of mine from the snohomish co-op in snohomish. I got my australorp chicks from the monroe feed store by the fairgrounds. they should start having a great selection now.

try feed stores, co-ops and check the fairgrounds on the weekend for nice deals!
    good luck!

4. beektoria

beektoria Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2009
    Everett, Wa
    Glad to hear from ya'll. Did just find Washington on the "where am I" section. I've never done this before! I'm looking for a Silky, a Wyandotte and a Brahma if at all possible. I chose these , but I'm only locked in to the Silky for my guy.

5. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    There is a guy in montesano that has great chicks. I have used him before and have had great success. He has an add in Craigslist and his prices are very reasonable...i think 2.00 a chick so it would be worth the drive!
    Let me know if you want his #

1 person likes this.
  6. LauraM

LauraM Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2009
    Everett, WA
    I will also be looking to buy chickens - hopefully this weekend! We are hoping to get not chicks, but a few months old instead.

7. meezermom

meezermom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2009
    Roy WA
    It seems like all the feed stores have chix in now - you can order small amounts from "www.mypetchicken.com" as well.
    Good luck!

8. gingernutranger

gingernutranger Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2007
    The Cascade Spring Show in Monroe Washington should have some chicks and I am bringing three Ameraucanas. The date is March 21st and there is more information here: http://knightsofnotion.googlepages.com/home

Last
    year there was Modern Games, Black Sumatras, White Wyandottes, Silkies, and some Quail adults. Also there were some Black East Indie ducks.

9. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:Hey, that's good to hear! I don't know if you heard yet but I got the Show scheduled to be an ABC Meet too. Are you an ABC Member?

Irregardless, I don't know if we've met so be sure to say "Howdy!" to me at the show. I always enjoy meeting a fellow Ameraucana breeders. I'll be bring a Wheaten and Blue Wheaten pair (but they aren't in very good condition).

Edited to add: I'll be selling WBS Ameraucana chicks in about a month as I'm done with hatching eggs in two weeks. Then I'll sell a few Welsummer hatching eggs and then Welsummer chicks. I have some older Welsummer pullets that I'd sell now and one GLW Wyandotte.

God Bless,

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by