Washington Feather Fanciers Winter Brisk Show :)

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by jbear, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jbear

jbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    SW washington
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    thanks!

3. Heartlandrabbitry

Heartlandrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Washington
    Yay thanks! If we attend, this will be our first ever chicken show!

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Would LOVE to go, but I'm still deciding if I should. Plus I just remembered that the cockerel I was planning to take has his wing feathers clipped. [​IMG] It was not my choice.

5. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I will be there! Showing is my way of proving my birds, getting other exhibitors and judges comments/opinions, and I always have a blast.

I just got back from a very nice show in Caldwell, ID and I will be at the Chehalis show as well...

Wine and hot tub Jen?

6. adubsroit

adubsroit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    My boyfriend and I are considering this show. We were also at the Caldwell show Ultasol! We only brought our one Delaware pullet, Alice, and she got best in breed.. Which is just fun to say, even though she was the only Delaware there [​IMG]

Chehalis would be awesome but living in the Union, OR of the Grande Ronde Valley makes travel hard in the winter. There are basically two ways in and out of the valley and with everyone expecting one of the worst winters in a while a person becomes wary of making plans to travel that early on. It would be worth it though, I feel at least.

This time around, if we do go, I would hope to bring our new pair of Saxony ducks and Alice. They travel so well [​IMG]

Anyone know of some cheap, college-student-budget oriented hotels in that area?

7. ultasol

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I think there is a motel 8 listed on the show catalog.

Come say hi! My name is Jen/Jenni/Jennifer and I show silkies and geese (I had the Dewlap Toulouse at the Caldwell show and all of the silkies).

8. adubsroit

Apr 9, 2010
    Quote:We were definitely on the same row, just opposite sides and you were to the front and our bird was two cages from the back, lol. I had never seen show Toulouses and yours were by far some of the most impressive.

9. ultasol

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Thanks! I love the disposition of the dewlaps, they are quite the characters! You can't beat seeing a flock of them out on pasture either, it makes such a pretty picture.

I hope you make it to Chehalis. It will be my first time there but I hear it is a wonderful show. I have driven up to ten and a half hours to get to a show, and it was WORTH it. Besides, there should be some great exhibitors there, and you can learn a lot. Come bother us feather footers, we're friendly.

I will be driving up with Calesta, so will probably rent a trailer. This means I might have room for more waterfowl, and I won't have to SMELL them the entire ride.

The NW exhibitors are just good people. Now, if only we could keep out those pesky canadians,..... right other Jen?

10. adubsroit

Apr 9, 2010
    If we make it to Chehalis it will be the longest, and second show, we have gone to. Last time, stink wise, with one bird we were okay. This time around we may be bringing a guinea fowl or two (we only have the two, lol), so it may be more an issue of noise. Luckily, of the flock of guineas we started with the two we are left with are the quietest.. though that isn't saying much. Needless to say I'm sure we will stick out like a sore thumb with our guineas if we make it [​IMG]

BTW, does anyone here know who Kevin Norlander of Washington (NPIP #125) is? We bought a pair of Saxony ducks from him and never actually got to talk to him. Hoping since we got some waterfowl folk on this thread someone may know of him.

This may sound very college student of me but does anyone here have Facebook? Might be a cool way to keep track of all us Pacific NW folk. Is there by chance a group/page on FB already geared for this?

As for bird stink, I think I may have found a cost-effective remedy: Citrus Magic. It isn't 100% especially, with waterfowl and brooders, but the closer it is to the birds the better off your nose is.

Canadians make me nervous, especially because we raise Chanteclers and those Canadians.. their birds are good [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by