Washington Feather Fanciers Winter Show Dec 4 & 5

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by sheilawagner, Nov 29, 2010.

1. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    There was a thread on this before, but it's good to remind people now that the time is closer. I'm entered and planning on bringing a bunch of birds, but I'm keeping close eyes on the weather in the pass as I have to come over the mountains to get there.

I'm hoping for warmer weather and fewer snowstorms.

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    We'll be there! [​IMG]

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I'm not going to make this one...... the roads are too bad for me to consider it.

Good luck everyone. There is an ameraucana meet set for this one. I guess I need to send the paperwork to the show secretary.

5. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Thanks Jean. The big boy's staying home for this one - but my son and I are both showing the bantams this time, including a couple of lavender pullets. [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I wish it was closer! [​IMG]

7. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    Bummer Jean! I was hoping you might be there with some chicks! Maybe in the spring then.

I'm planning to go on Saturday just for a look see. Not showing.

So what are people bringing to sell? Eggs, chicks or older birds? I need to start planning now!! LOL!

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I bought a sale cage, but I don't think I'm going to need it now. I sold one of my bantam lavender pairs today, and someone from CA emailed me today about my other ones, just waiting to hear back for sure. Wow - I actually don't have ANYTHING I need to sell! [​IMG]

9. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I am bringing some silkies, mostly cockerels, in splash and blue, one PQ partridge pullet, possibly one PQ black pullet to pair with a nice quality black cockerel.

I am also bringing a pair or trio of runners if I have interest beforehand... they are white runners, the drake has been shown and has placed well under good waterfowl judges in open and youth classes, and is a former shownmanship bird. He is from a master breeder of whites. The girls are his daughters out of a hen from Holderreads, Spring 2010 hatch, started laying in the fall but aren't laying now as I don't provide them with artificial light to lengthen the hours of daylight. They lay green eggs. Nice upright gals. $60 pair, $75 trio. They are relatively calm for runners, have been handled. I like them a lot, but I don't have the ability to show them as I would like because I prefer to bring my Dewlap Toulouse to show and there is only so much room in one car and the dewlaps take up quite a bit.
    The drake shows very well, and the girls were hauled to one show this year and were calm.

I'm going to miss them,. but I can't do them justice since I can't get them to as many shows as I would like.

I do have one buff silkie cockerel for sale that I have shown twice this year. He is no longer in show condition as I pulled another young cockerel from growout to start conditioning and he went in the boy pen, but he's not plucked bare either. He's got a nice broad cushion and is mostly clear. He is $40... if you're interested email me and I can send you pictures of him from the Caldwell, ID show. He has placed very well, his first show was #1 cockerel, and reserve of variety against some nice buff pullets, 2nd show was #1 cockerel, third show was best of variety. He's gentle and good natured, wide cushioned, nice boy...

10. jbear

jbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    SW washington
    I'll be there! [​IMG] nuthin for sale but have some birds in the show. Young seramas, white cochins and some of my butterscotch calls. It will be fun to see people!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by